Wednesday, February 25, 2009

First Day of Daycare

Today was Tait's first day of daycare. Although I began packing his bag two days ago, I still managed to forget several important items and found myself scrambling this morning to get out of the door. Thank goodness I am only working half days this week! I think I need these three days to adjust to the change in schedule. I only cried this morning when I picked him up from lying in his crib and he snuggled into me. I didn't want to let him go!

According to his teacher, Tait was an absolute star today. He smiled when his teacher held him for the first time and he was perfectly content all morning (or so they say) just relaxing on a boppy and taking in his new surroundings. When I picked him up at noon, I leaned down and said hello and a huge grin spread across his face! This of course made me feel fantastic and reassured me that he will not forget who I am while I am away from him during the day!

Thanks to everyone who emailed and called me to wish us good luck. I have cried for three days straight, but I think after today's events I am going to make it. Tait is perfectly fine and I think will be quite happy at his daycare!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I was thinking about you! So glad to hear he enjoyed it and went well--he'll continue to be a 'star!'

Anonymous said...

Good work to you and Tait. We both thought about you all morning. With Love

Lindsey said...

i'm not surprised that tait was an angel and social butterfly at daycare! ha. what a sweetie. you're doing a good job mama! ;) we love you all!