Saturday, January 17, 2009

Tait's One Month Checkup

There is no denying it, Tait is a BIG BOY! At his one month checkup, Tait weighed in at a whopping 11 lbs 1 oz and is 22.25" long. The Doctor says he is doing great! He is lifting his head and turning it to follow sounds and faces, he is smiling and starting to coo and talk to us and he loves to stare at lights and flashing objects. He finds the TV very entertaining because of all of the different lights and sounds.

He is really taking to the schedule well and is starting to become a happier, more content baby. I am still working hard to help him learn how to self soothe during his wake times by letting him find his fingers rather than use the pacifier and also letting him work his problems out on his own before picking him up. He loves to scream for me and tug at my heart strings with his little tears, but as soon as I pick him up he coos and smiles and I imagine him saying to himself, "Ha ha ha, I've got her exactly where I want her!"

He is a great eater and a great sleeper. Now that he is on this schedule he knows when it is time to wake up and eat and he patiently waits for me to come to his crib and pick him up and is always bright eyed and cheerful. However, if I am ten minutes late, he lets me know by screaming. What a smart little boy!

Here are a few recent pictures of our little Taitor Tot. Enjoy!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the last picture of Tait on this post. He looks so much like you in this one, I think. It was fun stopping by to see y'all this morning- I hope I didn't catch you off guard... but that's what family is for, right? I wish we lived closer so we could always stop in to each others houses! Love you guys!
C

Anonymous said...

Oops I forgot to say Katie- the pic of Tait looks alot like you, Katie.... duh!
C