It's amazing the strength that Katie could summon after working for the entire day on Sunday. Not wanting to steal too much of Katie's limelight, I was pretty spectacular too!
I have to admit, I got a lot more involved than I had intended. My intention being, that I would spend some time standing behind Katie, mopping her slightly damp brow with a beautiful Egyptian cotton cloth; not quite how it went down; I saw it all, and would not change it for the world. What an experience!
Sandy came to spend a few days and got to experience a major part of the entire labor process. Then went back to our house and cooked and cleaned up a storm, what a tremendous help and support. It really made the move back home a lot easier for the Lindsays. We can't wait for Granny to come back for Christmas.
Everyone has been so supportive with their calls and texts and Skypes, and well wishes. We just wish we could answer everyones' communicae. We just hope that everyone knows how much their thoughts and support meant to Katie and me (and of course Tait).
Tait has been amazing since the time he arrived. Who knew that a new born would have such developed pipes. He screamed for literally 2.5 hours right after he was born. All the nurses commented that this was not entirely normal. However, if you guys know me and Katie (and you do) if he was muted for 9 months he clearly had some stuff to share, and wanted to be a part of everyone's day.
He was a wee bit fussy for the first little while, but is starting to soothe himself somewhat and is feeding for longer, and accordingly sleeping a little longer. Dad and Tait went for a little walk today, strolling around the neighborhood in between rain showers. Tait slept the entire time. We now know what to do if he gets a little fussy; take him for a walk, any time of the day!
Anyway, I'm running on a little and my "hunt and peck" typing technique is getting really old (it's taken 2.75 hours to write this much). We cannot wait for everyone to meet Tait and spend a little time with him. We love him to pieces.
5 comments:
Thanks for the great post. I am so happy for you guys. What a beautiful little boy. Good work Dada for getting the little one out of the house. Keep that up and the mama will sure to stay happy! Can't wait to meet him.
Oh my goodness - he is such a handsome little man - he looks so much like Steven! Seems that he may have his mama's hair for now though...I can't wait to meet him! I want to call and get details but wanted to give you little while to settle - hope to chat this weekend - love you all!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!
PS - Katie in the picture of you you don't even look remotely like you just had a baby - if only I could be so lucky one day!
Congratulations! Saw a bunch of photos at work...Tait is just precious. The three of you will be in my prayers as you begin this next chapter of your life together!
Congratulations to you both. Great pictures. He is adorable-definitely a Lindsay!We can't wait to meet him and for Isla and Tait to become friends.
Well done Steven for the hands on approach both during and after the birth! It would be a sight to see both you and Scott out pushing your prams together. I live for that day!
You look great Katie. It's amazing that even after a prolonged labour you just don't feel tired. I hope that Tait is a better sleeper than Isla though and that you get some rest in the days to come.
Take care all of you. Talk soon.
The McIntoshes Xx
Congratulations - he's beautiful!!
Post a Comment