Friday, August 22, 2008

23 Weeks

I am 23 weeks! It seems like yesterday when I could fit into most of my maternity clothes! I think it is time to take another big shopping trip, the kind that usually involves some crying (and some ice cream) because I have gone up yet another size. Ha ha!

The baby is growing so fast. I have my regular monthly appointment scheduled for next Tuesday and will find out how much he weighs. At the last ultrasound, they said that he was almost a pound, which according to the Doctor means he is already large for his size. I will know more about his size and prediction of his birth weight at this next appointment. The Doctor has also requested another ultrasound because he wants to make sure that he sees all of the internal organs of the baby and that they are working properly.

He kicks and rolls and squirms all the time. I have noticed that he is on a schedule, usually most active mid morning around 10 am and early evening around 5-6 pm and then late at night right before I fall asleep. I love watching my belly move as he squirms around. In fact, I am totally obsessed with it. So far, this is the most amazing thing I have ever seen and the best part is that I know there are even more amazing things to come. Steven has been able to feel him move more and more and can now see my belly move which is he thinks is so funny. The other night I rolled onto my back for a moment from being on my side. My stomach had this funny shape because the baby had found a little pocket where he could curl up, so there was a large bump on one side. I watched as he stretched himself out once he realized he had more room.

Other than baby talk, we have been so busy working on the inside of the house. I have a few pictures that I will post over the weekend. Steven has been playing in several golf tournaments and is having a great season so far. I have been "nesting" and I think I am close to perfecting Barbara Lindsay's famous shortbread! Work is as busy as ever for both of us and we are both starting to reduce our travel schedules so that we can focus on finishing house projects before baby Lindsay arrives.

I think that is all I have for now. Pictures coming soon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you FINALLY updated your blog. Now how about some pictures of you, the house and anything else you have been up to!!! Love you tons!
Auntie Courtney