Thursday, July 10, 2008

17 Weeks Today!

Today I am 17 weeks along. I had my monthly appointment and the Doctor says that the baby's heartbeat is nice and strong. It felt so good to hear the "thump, thump, thump."

Speaking of "thumps" I felt the baby move for the first time on Wednesday night! It was amazing. I was sad that Steven was traveling on business because he could have felt the kick from the outside. I was in bed reading and all of a sudden felt a thump in my lower right side. When I put my hand over it, three more thumps followed. It really was one of the coolest things I have ever experienced. I have been feeling "flutters" but nothing compares to that first thump!

We have scheduled our "Find out the Sex" appointment for July 28th at 11:15 am. The best part is that it is our 2nd Anniversary! What a great way to celebrate! All of the nurses think the baby is a boy because of the way I am caring, straight out!

Apologies for not updating the blog with recent pictures. We are getting our window treatments installed on Friday and I will take several pictures of the house over the weekend - I promise!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

how fun that you felt kicks!! that will be fun when steven gets to feel too. i LOVE that your appt is on your anniversary! what a perfect anniversary gift~and a sweet memory for you two to have!!

The Morrisons said...

I can't wait to find out. What are your guesses? I guessed Micah was a girl and Owen was a boy. I think it is fun to guess, even though I think all the wives' tales are a load. I got really big legs and hips with both boys, so I guess we will have to see if I carry different with a girl. I was thinking of you a couple of hours ago and prayed for a wonderful ultrasound and news of a healthy baby because I knew that it was coming up soon. I was so happy to see that you updated today. Hope you continue to feel those powerful kicks (don't they feel amazing? Even when I was huge and uncomfortable, I never got sick of those kicks)