Boy how life has changed! Tait took his first steps several weeks ago and crawling is now a thing of the past. With this new found independence, Tait has also mastered the art of a temper tantrum (well, he actually mastered this days after he was born) as well as getting into all sorts of tight spots and tricky situations, such as:
1. Walking under the dining room table and getting stuck.
2. Climbing the first step of our staircase and trying to figure out how to get down.
3. Walking behind the couch and looking for an exit route.
4. Climbing into the kitchen cabinet and falling out, again and again and again...
Tait also likes to feed himself now and refuses to take any food from a spoon. He likes to run from you if you try to pick him up. He thinks this is very funny. He will squirm out of your arms instead of being carried. And my personal favorite is watching him pick up as many toys as possible (including Richie) and carry/drag them around the house as he talks to himself.
Last weekend, I spent hours with him exploring his toy chest, his bedroom, the bathroom, the backyard, the front yard, the neighborhood, etc. I pointed to everything - ball, bear, train, pot, sink, toilet, bathtub, crib, blanket, tree, bird, swing, grass, etc. Finally, after several hours of this, I pointed to a dog and Tait quietly said, "Oog." Days later, everything is "Oog" including Mama and Dada. When I ask Tait what a dog says, he responds with a low grunt that I suppose mimics the "Ruff Ruff" sound that I make after I ask this question.
To sum it up, my baby is growing up way too fast.
Here is a video of Tait walking. As you can see, there are still plenty of falls, but he is so determined and gets right back up every time. I get exhausted just watching him!
No comments:
Post a Comment