It was so much fun telling the whole family last weekend. Everyone is so surprised and excited to hear the big news.
We spilled the beans to our family last weekend when Dad, KC Mom and Parker were in town for John Parker's 1st birthday. Once we were all together on Friday night, I picked up John Parker and said loudly, "John Parker, aren't you excited that you are going to have a cousin?" Everyone just turned and stared at me, obviously trying to process what I had just said. Courtney was so funny, she said, "No, Katie, you mean brother!" Once they all understood, loud shouting, screams and crying followed! It was a blast!
On Mother's Day, I called Grandma and Granddaddy, Momo and Poppy and they were all so thrilled to hear that they will be Great Grandparents - again!
I called my Mom on Mother's Day to wish her a Happy Grandmother's Day and she was beside herself. She said that somehow she just new that I was going to tell her that I was pregnant. I also called Granny and wished her a Happy Great Grandmother's Day. She was so cute on the phone. She is so excited to FINALLY be a Great Grandmother!
We also called Barbara and Tom in Ayr on Mother’s Day and shared the news. They are so excited about being the grandparents of three! Andrew, Debbie, Ruben and Ella were over at their house eating dinner so we were able to tell them as well.
About 10 days ago I was finally greeted by the infamous morning sickness and I have been sick for about two weeks! It seems like I am craving spicy and citrus, so lots of chips and salsa and lots of oranges! I am sure the combination isn’t helping my stomach feel better, but at least it tastes good. At any rate, I know it will pass and that it is all worth it in the end.
Steven is getting really excited too. He is reading a book for fathers, by a father, who I might add isn’t the brightest when it comes to recommending how to compliment your wife. The other day I walked in the door and he said to me, “Have I told you how nicely you are thickening up?” Needless to say, the conversation took a turn for the worse at that point. My dear, sweet husband now understands what positive and negative words to use when speaking to a pregnant lady!!!
Now on to pictures! See below pictures from our fun weekend celebrating John Parker’s 1st birthday. We were hoping that he would get messy with his cake, but it turns out that he didn’t like the feel and taste of the icing. Maybe next year!!!



2 comments:
Yipee, pictures. So excited that you have a blog.
Those are great pictures!! You all look great.
Post a Comment